Ashford Town Parish is committed to praying with and for one another across our parish and town
Some suggestions are offered below for things we might focus on in praying with and for one another across this parish this month. They could be drawn on by those who lead intercessions in main services as well as by individuals and groups as we pray through the week.
10th May 2021
• Our five Church of England schools and those from our churches who are involved in them in various ways, including through supporting Collective Worship, and all teachers and other school staff during the final term of a hugely demanding year
• Deanery Ascension day service at St Francis
• The ‘Novena of prayer’ events happening around the parish between Ascension and Pentecost – for people to enjoy this opportunity to come together in our different church buildings for worship and prayer.
17th May 2021
• The Archbishops’ initiative, ‘Thy Kingdom Come’ – for many to participate in our parish, through our ‘Novena of prayer’ events and also at home and online, and for unity between churches to deepen as we join in praying together for people to come to know Christ
• The Annual Parochial Church Meeting on 22nd May, including those who are offering to stand as Churchwardens and members of the PCC
• The Parish Pentecost service, as we celebrate together the transforming work of God’s Holy Spirit in the church.
24th May 2021
• All couples who are getting married in our churches this summer and those who are beginning to plan their weddings with us
• Mission Action Planning across the parish, as we seek to discern together where God is leading us as a parish and in our different church communities.
• The work of CAP – for those struggling with debt to find out about it and feel able to ask for help, and for more volunteers to come forward to support it.
31st May 2021
• Children and families in our communities, as we look at ways to re-engage as churches where connections have been reduced because of Covid restrictions
• Planning for services in the second half of the year, as we hope for a further lifting of restrictions but also prepare for vacancies within the clergy team
• Preparations for re-opening The Tent on 6 June.